Answer yes or no to the questions below:
1. Have you met your child’s classroom teacher at least once this year?
2. Do you talk with your child about school each day and review all of the information he brings home?
3. Do you monitor your child’s homework? If he/she struggles with an assignment, do you ask the teacher how you can help at home?
4. Do you make sure your child gets to school on time each day?
5. Have you reviewed the school handbook? Do you expect your child to follow all school rules?
How well are you doing?
Each yes answer means you are building a strong home-school team.
For each no answer, try that idea.
Excerpt from The Parent Institute.